Get kids on target through the 4-H Shooting Sports Program!
The Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports program has been active for more than 20 years. Youth in more than 70 counties participate in a variety of shooting sports areas every year! Members can learn safety and shooting techniques for shotgun, rifle, air gun, muzzle loading and archery. They learn how to handle firearms responsibly for target practice and hunting and learn respect for the natural environment.
The goal of all 4-H Youth Development programs is youth development. All project areas work toward developing skills youth need to be productive and positive adults in society. Decision making, teamwork, problem solving, being responsible and having high self-esteem are just a few of the many skills 4-H helps to develop.
Objectives specific to the 4-H Shooting Sports program are to:
- Encourage participation in environmental and outdoor education programs by exposing youth to shooting, hunting and other related activities.
- Support youth in developing valuable conservation and natural resources related knowledge, skills and stewardship.
- Enhance development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting.
- Teach safe and responsible use of firearms and archery equipment.
- Promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, ethical behavior and conservation.
- Strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities.
- Provide hands-on learning experiences.
For more info on participating in this great program contact John Baley 517-490-9060 firstname.lastname@example.org
Age of Participants
There are no reviews yet.